Uptake Post #6

A College Group Project that My Students Actually Enjoy – Erika Romero My past experiences with group projects have all been in outside of college, other than the group speech that I had to give in COM 110 last semester. To be fair though that is the only group project that I have done that I can say was a speech, so does it really even count. I've done group projects in many different classes including english, history, biology, psychology, and astronomy. In all of these classes it has always gone the same way, each member of the group researches on their own and gathers their own evidence and we all put them together on slide shows and then while presenting we each read our personal slides and just go through it all. As far as I can remember all of my previous group projects have gone well and none of them have been notably challenging. I have also always gotten along with my group members even when we aren't close friends because often with group projects you don't choose who you're working with. Because my group for this project we're doing in class chose to do a slide show presentation instead of recording a podcast or video to play for the class, these past projects can help me out. Since basically every project I've done with a group in the past has been the same "genre" of presentation as this my antecedent knowledge from doing so many will be helpful for collecting evidence as well as presenting the final product about living in Watterson Towers. My group and I chose to go with the typical route of each of us researching on our own and gathering individual evidence and then making individual slides of an entire collective presentation. This means that I can somewhat follow the same steps I have for many of my past projects, the main difference is just the fact that this project had a specific requirement to use an advertisement as a source for my research. Other than that, I can go about it the same and then also copy the typical slide with a title or subtitle with bullet points underneath going into more detail about the specific topic of that slide. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uptake Post #1

Uptake Post #3

Uptake Post #8