Uptake Post #11

    My main takeaways from English 101 have to be the class terms. I find myself using specifically chat map and multimodality often in this class but uptake, translingualism, and others are also important terms that I have learned while taking this class and I will most likely be able to use in my day to day life or at least they might be applicable. I do not think I had any big revelations about myself as a writer or researcher or anything during this semester but I have expanded my view about how people interact in the world in general. It mainly reminded me of how much people can communicate without just speaking back and forth with terms like multimodality and translingualism being applied there. There are no specific topics that I would have liked to learn more about because I feel like we went very in depth about everything we discussed and like the phrase “you don’t know what you don’t know” I cannot think of any extra terms that we did not go over that I would have liked to. I personally believe I’ll use all of them but chat maps later in my life but chat maps are on the edge because they’re so complicated compared to the rest that I can’t really imagine myself using it too often or at least like full out. I might use bits and pieces of it at some point. Either way many of these terms have so much to do with normal human interactions that it’d be hard to use them later in life after learning about them. At least indirectly, things like body language and tone and aura will always be a part of every face to face interaction and there’s no avoiding them even if you don’t specifically point them out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uptake Post #1

Uptake Post #3

Uptake Post #8