Uptake Post #3

    As I have been thinking of memories that could be significant enough to tag on my map to represent my writer-research identity, I have specifically been thinking of some of the books I really enjoyed because I am not that much of a big reader. 
    Whenever I do find a book that I am actually into it is a pretty big deal and I normally tend to get really into it, making it a big part of my literary identity. The two books in this category that I can currently recall are One of Us is Lying by Karen M, McManus and Nerve by Jeanne Ryan. These two novels controlled my middle school years. I believe I read Nerve at the end of my sixth grade year; which was technically elementary school for me, but has changed since then. Anyway back on topic, I was obsessed with Nerve for over a year and right when I found that book the movie came out. It was perfect timing and I tortured my family with talking about it. Similarly, my eighth grade year I read One of Us is Lying and LOVED it. It was my new personality for a decent amount of time. A few years later this book got turned into a TV series. I have actually never seen it still, but my mom is an actual TV fanatic and watched it for me. Apparently there were a few differences between them because we compared as she went through the show. 
    Getting back to the point, these two novels contributed to my identity as a writer-researcher because not only were they such a big part of my pre-teen years but they also both were a way of connecting with my family. I'll have to find a few more connections for my up-coming map though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uptake Post #1

Uptake Post #10